Hoylu’s conversion to text functionality is based on the Windows handwriting recognition functionality and the language currently set for Windows. If you are having problems converting text, please double check that the language you are writing in matches the Windows setting. For example, if the language for Windows is set to English, then any strokes being converted will be assumed to be in English regardless of the language setting in the Hoylu applications.
If the convert to text option is disabled, it is likely that there is not a language with text recognition installed on Windows.
To install a text recognition, please follow the directions below:
For Windows 7 Ultimate and Enterprise:
- Open the Start Menu and click Control Panel
- Under Clock, Language, and Region, click Change keyboards or other input methods
- In Region and Language Windows, click Change keyboards button
- Click Add button and Add Input Languages should appear with a list of languages
- Select a language that comes with keyboard feature and expand it to select the specific language
- Click OK button
- Select default input language to a language you added
- Click OK button
- Or, click the Apply button for instant switch language
For Windows 10:
- Open the Start Menu and click on Setting (Gear icon)
- Select Time & Language
- On the left pane, Select Region & language
- If your language is already installed but has no Handwriting icon, then try to remove it by selecting the language and click Remove button.
- In Preferred languages section, click + button next to Add a language
- Select a language that has Handwriting icon (otherwise text recognition won't work) and click Next button
- Click the Install button (Make sure Handwriting is marked in Check-box.)
- Press Windows key + space to switch language to write and convert to text
- When switching a language, wait up to 30 seconds before converting to text
If you still having the issue of converting to text with a different language, contact firstname.lastname@example.org