If you have Device Edition and want to upgrade to Personal Edition please make sure to do the fallowing steps. Do NOT simply install the Personal Edition over the top of Device Edition. Some licensing files need to be removed first and this article will help you do that.
Step 1: DOWNLOAD NEW VERSION OF SOFTWARE
- Go to the download page for Hoylu and download the latest version of Personal Edition
- Back up all essentail files that you have generated for the device edition suite
Step 2: REMOVE DEVICE EDITION
- Open 'Add or Remove Programs' and find the section in the menu where Hoylu files a located. You need to uninstall the program called 'Hoylu Device Edition'.
- Once the program is removed; you will be prompted to restart the system, please do so.
- Once the system is back up from the restart open the file explorer
- in the top bar you can enter is file path. Type in "%programdata%\hoylu\ and find the 'License Files' folder. Delete this folder. Next navigate to "%programdata%\we-inspire\ and find the 'License Files' folder and remove that as well. Note that the we-inspire folder may not exist for your system. If you cant find it then move on to the next step.
- Restart the PC
Step 3: INSTALL PERSONAL EDITION
- Navigate to the 'Downloads' folder and click on the 'Personal Edition' installer.
- It will ask you restart the software after the installation is complete, allow the software to do so.
- Open sketch and create a new account using your email. Make sure to respond to the verification email.
- Start using the software.